As much as I love American Apparel, it often seems pretty overpriced. I've bought 2 Flex Fleece hoodies, only for them to become bobbly within 4 or so washes - not impressed AA! Especially when forking out £40 for each (ouch!). Shops like Topshop and Ark have hopped on the band-waggon, selling almost identical hoodies for half the price. Ark, in particular, sell very good coloured hoodies. I own 2 myself and I genuinely think they are 10x longer lasting than AA! Fair enough, they don't sell all the colour variations that AA boast, but their range is still very impressive (for both men and women). Plus, they offer free standard delivery, which is always handy!! The prices for women's hoodies vary from £19.99 - £26.99.

   Having never owned a pair of the AA Disco Pants I can't make any comment on the quality, but I would expect them to be pretty good for £70. Anyway, I have wanted a pair for about half a year now as they're so versatile, flattering and on trend! I also find jeans really constricting and try to avoid them most of the time. £70 is a lot of money to spend on one pair of trousers for me, so instead of saving up for them I was determined to look for a similar alternative! After a long hunt (took me about a week! Seriously! The keywords people put on things on eBay are pathetic!) I finally found something looking along the lines of them on eBay!



   At first sight I was so happy to have found Disco Pant dupes!!! Then, on closer inspection, I was a little uncertain about the quality of the trousers... the looked a bit baggy.. the button looked a bit cheap... they weren't very high waisted... but for £14.99... wow!!! I had to get them - and I did! I ordered small to medium, as I'm about a UK 8-10 in jeans / trousers.

   They came really quickly (delivery £1.99 - recorded, from what I remember) within about 2 days of ordering. They deliver worldwide too, which is handy. I opened the packet and they looked way better than I had expected! They're made by a brand called Flirt. I was really impressed by the fit when I tried them on, they really do fit perfectly! Here is how I styled them today.
Cardigan - Factory Shop £14    Top - New Look £4.99 (I think!)   Bag - Matthew Williamson Butterfly from eBay £20   Trousers - as previously stated   Wedge shoes - New Look £20

Ring - Primark about £2

   They are quite thin, but I'm not sure how thick / thin the AA ones are! They're probably the same thickness of the average pair of leggings. Again, they're not quite as high waisted as the AA ones but I think the way the pockets are sized and shaped on the bum is really flattering! Not as 70s/ 80s style as the AA pants, but flattering, nevertheless. the button is a little off-putting as it is just a cheap plastic one, but this could easily be replaced. or you could wear a belt over it (as shown in the photos below).They're not amazing quality, but they're definitely still a bargain for £14.99! (Apologies for the shoes not being shown... my room is small and crammed so hard to get them in the photo, when I did take a photo of them I realised the camera shows I have marks from alcohol all over them... ooops!)






   If you can't splash your cash readily / be bothered to save, like me, I think these are a great alternative. So surprised to see that I'm still the only person to have purchased these on eBay! - but as I said, they haven't made finding them easy! Pretty smug I've got my hands on these - has anyone else found anything similar to AA Disco Pants?

27 comments

  1. Wow those 'disco pants' look amazing on you! I wish I could wear stuff like that! You have a lovely blog, now following! Gem xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo they look awesome on you! The american apparel ones are such a rip! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah - they must make a massive amount of money from them! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm SO in love with the ring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't really understood the hype with these trousers, partly because of the pricetag, but genuinly this is such a good alternative. I think they look pretty much the same! And you totally pull them off so well!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) They're really comfy too! Love your blog xx

      Delete
  5. these dupes are amazing! def purchasing :)
    love your blog as well, following!
    nevertemptfate.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Checking out your blog as we speak xx

      Delete
  6. I LOVE these they look great on you, i have very similar xx poppymale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a helpful post, Thankyou :)


    http://alexandrae94.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem :) Glad you found it useful :) xx

      Delete
  8. They look much better on you than in the photos, I was looking for a similar pair too so thanks :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem glad this post has been useful! Yeah, I'm really happy with them. Bought them over 3 months ago now and the quality is great xx

      Delete
  9. Oh wow thanks for linking me to this post- I'm definitely going to get my hands on some of these :) You look lovely in them xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I found these! If the link to them doesn't work anymore the same seller has relisted them :) xx

      Delete
  10. aww you lucky butt! i have an american apparel nearby just a block away from my house and all i do is just stare at the disco pants. i can just not splurge my money and buy them!
    they look great on you c:

    http://hauted0ll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh oh! i just found a dupe for disco pants in H&M so i'm definitely gonna go buy them now c:

      http://www.hm.com/us/product/94806?article=94806-A

      Delete
    2. Ohh very nice :) Thank you! So glad I found these! xx

      Delete
  11. just got my pair in the post and they are great, will be writing a review soon and linking back to you obvs! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh brilliant! Link me to your post so I can see what you think of them on! Thanks lovely :) xx

      Delete
  12. These look great, I've got to admit I love mine to death xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi! just wondering, when you say they aren't as high waisted as the AA ones , where do they go up to on your torso..past your bellybutton or not :) ? also what height are you as i'm wondering should i get size M/L so they'd be longer but i'm a uk 10! great post have been looking for these kind of pants for too long :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No below the belly button, I have quite a long body for a shortish person (I'm 5ft 4 ish) :) If you want anymore help tweet me @robynakabob xx

      Delete
  14. These look great, They look much better on you than in the photos, I was looking for a similar pair too so thanks :)
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/mens-polo.htm

    ReplyDelete

Youtube

Contact

© Robyn Mayday | UK Fashion and Style Blog
Design by The Basic Page